I pretend to be a lot of things: professional; a blogger; interested in whatever it is that you're saying; but one of the things I do not pretend to be is classy, so it's no surprise that when I eat pasta (which is never because I eat Paleo all the time, I swearrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr omgyeahright), I want it
topped with smothered in creamy, cheesy Alfredo sauce. Oh, you made a tomato sauce with fresh basil that you grew in your organic garden? Gimmie that Alfredo sauce!! But with oodles of heavy cream and cheese, classic Alfredo sauce isn't really Paleo friendly.
Even if you could give two shits about Paleo, I guarantee you think of Alfredo sauce as "fat food," in which case, you should all be relieved to hear that the unclassiest of sauces can now be waistline and tastebud friendly with the help of my all-time favorite Paleo ingredient: Cauliflower.
What kind of sauce do you like? Are you gonna try to make this Alfredo sauce with cauliflower?? What else can you use Alfredo with??
Makes several cups
- 1 head of cauliflower, cored and chopped into large chunks
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 Tbsp. shredded parmesan
- 1/4 cup canned coconut milk
- salt/pepper to taste
- pinch of nutmeg
1. Steam cauliflower until fork-tender.
2. While cauliflower steams, heat olive oil over medium low heat in a small pot. Add shallot and saute for a few minutes, then add chicken broth and heat through.
3. Add cauliflower, shallot/broth mixture, and remaining ingredients to a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Add more coconut milk if needed.
4. Serve over ANYTHING!!!!